Thursday, December 10, 2009

Did I Miss The Memo?

..... which said slips have gone out of style? Just wondering, because I see way too many women with way too transparent clothes, without any decent innerwear these days. From the sheerest of of gorgettes, to the leanest of linen is what I see used as tops with just the bra underneath. Transparency somehow just looks sluttish, atleast to me, an open cleavage, or a high hemline is much preferred for a sexy look. I am no fashion guru, but to me, see-through is just trashy, not stylish. Or maybe I am too old-fashioned and out of touch with modern civilisation, but I still think I have missed a link somewhere, because not too long ago, I think women wore a lot more inner wear than they do now.

9 comments:

Shrutzz said...

I agree with you...Its definetely not a style statement and looks more vulgar..We get such a variety of good quality inner clothes, which they don't seem to be noticing, trying to look fakely Sexy...SICK!

I had this girl walk in my campus few months back, wearing a black transperant skirt, without a skirt slip inside..Imagine how many of us would have felt awkward...

Pixie said...

I agree with you...
Transerant clothes need decent inner wear!

The Double Inverted Commas said...

I think this is a case of "life imitating art". With so many women shedding their inhibitions on screen, the youngsters are following suit.

The Double Inverted Commas said...

I think this is a case of life imitating art. With so many women shedding their inhibitions on screen, youngsters are following suit.

Enchanted said...

You are not alone in thinking yourself to be old fashioned. You know i still put safety pin on my shirt if i find the top button is bit lower for me.

I dont understand what makes someone let her cleavage show intentionally or wear a see through dress. But then again where do we draw the line. Maybe someone always dressed conservatively in a saree and salwar suits might think the same way of me when i wear jeans :(

Passionate Goof said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Passionate Goof said...


Shrutzz- I agree, transparency i believe crosses the line between sexy and cheap. And teh skirt.... eeks!

Pixie - I was just thinking i am too out dated!

The DIC - Maybe, but it just does not set in with me. And while a sexy cleavage looks great, transparent clothes just look sluttish to me.


Passionate Goof said...


Enchanted - I know what you mean, I am overly conservative in my dressing too. Though, I think women do look hot and sexy in bikinis and revealing clothes, transparent dressing just says 'sluttish' to me.

Mamma mia! Me a mamma? said...

No, you didn't miss the memo. AFter you cross a certain age, they just stop coming to you! :-)