Monday, July 20, 2009

I am Mrs. Shravan Kumar

A marriage is about partnership, love and mutual respect. It is also about working together as a team. It all works out great for me, if only I was not married to a man who is the modern epitome of Shravan Kumar. He lives for his parents. The world stops existing in their presence. I would appreciate it all, if it did not mean me or my son missing out on anything, and if these very people would be equally loving and respectful towards their son. God, if not for this Indian male syndrome that plagues my man, life would have been so perfect for me.

4 comments:

Piper .. said...

I`m surprised there are no comments here. Hmm...you touched a sore point! Who can understand you better than me! I wonder why moms to sons think we`re out to take their place! Hello, I`m so content being his wife. I dont need to take your part/be his mom!! And I wonder why men put up with it! Gah!

Mamma mia! Me a mamma? said...

Hehehe! I know how you feel. Wrote something similar some time back...

http://mammamiameamamma.blogspot.com/2008/12/cliches-proverbs-homilies-old-wives.html

Passionate Goof said...


Piper - I believe the insecurity comes to women who tried to steal their husbands, what say?

M4 - i know, I remember, and I completely empathise.

Maria said...

Know excatly what you are talking about. Many many Indian women are in the smae boat and its such a tricky and touchy thing, we are all tryin to make the best out of it. Just hope we dont bring up the next generation in the same way and be sensitive to their needs and their spouses one day